Aji Pesto and White Wine Steamed Mussels
- 1 Onion — thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves — thinly sliced
- 1 cup Fennel — trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- 1 cup Clam juice
- 2 Plum tomatoes — diced
- 2 tablespoons SupHerb Farms Fusions® Aji Pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds Fresh mussels, whole — scrubbed and beards removed
- 4 teaspoons Fresh lemon juice
- Sauté onion, garlic, and fennel in coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Pour in wine and clam juice; boil until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in tomatoes, SupHerb Farms Fusions® Aji Pesto, salt and pepper; cover for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mussels, cover and cook until mussels have opened, 4 to 6 minutes. Discard any that haven’t opened. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Spoon mussels into wide shallow bowls and garnish with sliced lemon and chopped fennel fronds, if desired. Serve with crusty white bread.